Sunday, June 24, 2007

Concept Art "Sea Queen"

Head Sketch WIP
Hey guys, so I got the head to a point where I feel that I am capturing the concept in the paintings, so now I am going to move onto doing the prototype of the body. Having this will really help with defining the bodies proportions and overall look. Let me know what you think.



Concept Sketches / Paintings 001




Here are some rough concepts of the character I am going to do. This first page was just about getting to know the character. These drawing and paintings are jsut exploratory. From warm up seesion like this I can begin to form a understanding of the character I want to make. Don't feel that each and every painting has to be good at this point. you could even do things such as scribble, to get a good idea of form going.



This second image is a more refined version of
the character and describes more of the costume. I spent a little more time figuring out the pose to ccapture what her story is.

Here we have the "Sea Queen". She was just a chubby waitress at a local restaurant when a man from a circus came in for some dinner. When the man saw this lady at the establishment, he had a burst of inspiration and quickly convinced her that the life of the circus sideshow would be good idea. So the waitress left with the gentleman and began her life on the road.
Now she isn't really half sea creature and half human. She jsut puts on a suit and sits in the tub for the attendants of the circus, but know one knows the difference. They all like to see the freak. so instead of serving hush puppies she hangs out at the sideshow and plays the role of the "Sea Queen"


There will be more to come as the days move forward. This is my start and I am sticking to it.

No comments: